The Bell of Times Memories

My Grandma Passed away on New Years Eve 2016.  I stayed with her through the end and I will never forget what I saw this was inspired by those events.  While she was dying we had given her a bell to signal if she needed anything.

The Bell of Time's Memories

As mundane everyday objects become alien.
Reality slips quietly away.

The knell of the bell
Has become maddening.
Its subtle chime signals something
Quite saddening.
Still the bell chimes as knight takes queen, checkmate!

Time is the enemy of memory.
Only a memory can quantify the time which passes.
Each one fades with a single chime.
Lost in the knell of that bell.

 Also checkout my other works. Amazon Author Page



and like me on Facebook Haunted Castle's Books Facebook Page

Blog Series


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1313 Cemetery Way 4 Lost Time

1313 Cemetery Way 23 Fairy Knights Lament Strikes!

1313 Cemetery Way 28 Voices in the Rain II