Bushido

Bushido




In a flash of light I lost myself.
It all just slipped away,
fading into memories of the past

Is this an illusion, or is the clanging thunder reality?
I remember as a child,
 the head waters of the sacred river.
As rivers seemed to flow from me
I am Fading away!

The Echoes of training and discipline filled my thoughts.
As I grew older
I learned of duty and honor!

Gaining two constant companions,
cold and razor edged.
In a flash and a thud, my first duty was carried out!

Years later it was arranged,
I would marry the youngest daughter of a wealthy Lord.
My son was born in the 12th year of Tensho.
Those eyes looking up at me.

I am a Samurai bound by Honor!
In a flash of light I lost myself.

In a flash of light!

A. J. Phillips 

Also checkout my other works. Amazon Author Page



and like me on Facebook Haunted Castle's Books Facebook Page

Blog Series


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1313 Cemetery Way 28 Voices in the Rain II

1313 Cemetery Way 16 The Triangle and the Ripper's End?!

1313 Cemetery Way 26 Child of the Ripper II